For any web blog, page views are a very important parameter for measuring the success of the site. Multiple of ways by which you can make increment in your pageviews and increase the user engagement. One such most promising method is showing the relevant and related post in your posts.
There are multiple plugins and codes to add related posts to your pages. You can add contextually related posts, related posts with thumbnails, anchor text related posts etc.
Today we will talk about a plugin which shows related post widget in your sidebar slider. You can edit the widget and set related parameter like tags, categories, meta tags etc.
Steps to Add Related Posts Widget in Sidebar
You can add related posts widget in your page sidebar relevant using Tags, Categories, Title, Meta Tags.
- Download ‘Relevant – Related Post by BestWebSoft’ plugin for your WordPress.
- Now go to your WordPress dashboard and look for option named Plugins.
- Click on Add new and upload the .zip file
- (Optional) If the file isn’t uploading successfully then search for the plugin in Plugin section of the dashboard.
- Once successfully downloaded and installed activate the plugin
- Now look for an option named BWS Panel in the dashboard. Click on Related Post Plugin.
- Now in Dashboard under Appearance click on Widget.
- Drag the Related post widget and place it in the sidebar. Save the changes.
Holla! you’re done.
You can edit the heading name, choose the number of posts to display, Show posts thumbnails, show posts in pages etc. Save Changes.
I hope the post was helpful, do comment below for any assistance required. You may not change the thumbnail size.
If you've any thoughts on the article - Add related post sidebar widget in your WordPress blog for user engagement, then feel free to drop in below comment box or you may create a new topic in our hello restoreBin forum.
Also, please share this post and follow us on rB twitter and rB facebook to stay update and inspired. Cheers!