Android is the most popular Smartphone OS with around 90% market share. Thanks to its open-source nature and tons of customizable features. Being an electronic component your Android may encounter few technical issues now and then, and the most common issue faced is Connected to WiFi but No Internet Access
Today I will tell you how you can fix this annoying issue on your Android device. The general problem which we are talking here is ‘your device is connected to internet data which is working but when you provide the Hotspot service, the WiFi connected device has No Internet Access showing an exclamatory. problem with your Android hotspot showing limited access when connected to other devices
Fix the issue with your Android hotspot showing limited access when you connect to other devices like Android, Windows, Mac etc using WiFi.
How to fix limited access issue on the Android phone?
Basically, there are multiple ways to troubleshoot these issue and you may need to follow the below solution one after the other. Just in-case any of the one work, then you can stop following subsequent.
Solution #1: Clear the System Cache
Clearing the system cache of the device providing Hotspot will help delete all the cache data of Wi-Fi, resolving the Hotspot – Wi-Fi issue.
Reboot in the recovery mode of your device and from there Clear the Cache. The steps to reboot in recovery mode is different for different devices. So, have a Google search for steps to enter in recovery mode for your device.
In general, the steps to boot in recovery mode is as follows.
- Switch OFF the device
- Now press the Power Key + Power Down Key simultaneously
- Now look for Option named Clear Cache
- Reboot the device and issue will be solved
Solution #2: Select Static IP Address
- Open the Wi-Fi
- Here look for your desired network
- Long press on the WiFi network and look for an option named Advanced Settings. You may also find this option under Modify Network or just by clicking on the network
- Here change the IP setting from DHCP to Static
- Now assign the IP Address 192.168.1.*** (Add any number from 1 to 225 at ***)
- Leave everything else untouched
- Save the changes and you will notice that your WiFi is connected with Internet Access
Solution #3: Delete obsolete files
Note: only works for rooted device.
- Download and install ES File Explorer on your device
- Give it root permissions if asked
- Go to Root explorer from menu
- Go to /data/misc/dhcp/
- Delete all the files present there
- Reboot the device and try to check if the problem is solved
I hope the post was helpful. Do comment below for any assistance or support.
If you've any thoughts on Fix – connected to Wi-Fi hotspot but no internet access for android, then feel free to drop in below comment box.
Also, please subscribe to our restoreBin YouTube channel for more important updates. Cheers!