Before closing the Hotmail account, you make sure that you’re not leaving any important pieces of stuff in the account. It may be Contacts, Uploaded files in OneDrive, Photos, Business Emails, etc. Once you mark the account as closed, there is no way to regain access. Hence, take necessary back up of all the importance.
Also, you cannot regenerate the same email ID once the account is permanently deleted. This deletion is permanent and will also impact on other associated accounts, like Skype, Xbox account, Mail, Contacts, etc.
Given the strong Microsoft security, it’s not possible to delete someone else account, or any third person can’t delete your account unless they’ve access to your password as well as recovery information. Microsoft makes proper authentication before providing access to sensitive account settings.
Table of Contents
Before closing the Hotmail account
Apart from mentioned earlier, there are some useful tips that you may consider before closing the Hotmail account.
- Make sure you’ve checked all the prerequisites taken care, and not leaving any important and sensitive information
- You’ve canceled all the (paid) subscription associated with the account
- Informed your contact about new contact location or email ID, if required
- Changed the account information in any website (like Facebook, Twitter, etc.) where this account email ID is used for signing in
- If you use this Hotmail account as a recovery option, then make sure you’ve alternatives
There can be even more associations of Hotmail account with any third-party websites. Make sure you clear all and remove the account mentions from everywhere.
Close Hotmail Account permanently
Deleting the Hotmail account is fairly easy, all you need is fill out the closure form and wait for time to pass the 60-days grace period.
Follow these easy steps to close your Hotmail Account permanently:
- Go to Close your account webpage link – it’s an online closure form
- Enter the Microsoft Hotmail account ID you want to delete
- Verify yourself as an account owner with proper authentication, the page will be asking password and maybe some personal question associated with the account
- Read the information carefully to understand the consequence and termination policy
- Proceed for Account Closure
- Fill out the survey form and submit
Regain deleted Hotmail account access
Like I mentioned, once confirmed the account will be permanently deleted after 60 days. In-case, you changed your mind or need to regain access, then try Hotmail login within this 60 days grace period.
If the grace period is surpassed, there will be no option to regain access to your account. Even contacting the support team won’t help in regaining account.
What are your thoughts?
I believe you’ll be able to close Hotmail account easily without worrying data integrity.
However, just wanted to share that I’ve been using Hotmail Outlook mail since long (around 2011), and really loved it. One distinct feature that standout in Hotmail is the ability to create an email alias, which is missing in its rivals – Google Mail (gmail.com).
Also, recently I listed the usage and features of Hotmail account as Poweruser Guide, hope you’ll love reading it. Thank you!
If you've any thoughts on How to quickly delete and close Hotmail account permanent?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our restoreBin YouTube channel for amazing videos tips. Cheers!